Captor XDCap-Tor® xd screws are specifically designed to provide a clean, smooth and uniform finish in composite and PVC decking. They also work equally well in traditional composites. Cap-Tor xd is approved for use with all major deck brands.
Cap-Tor xd screws feature extra deep star drive recesses, undercut heads, reverse threads, tri-lobular shanks, and Type 17 auger tips, and are available with either a color-matched, epoxy-based polymer resin coating or in epoxy-based polymer resin coating or in color-matched Headcote® stainless steel (both Grades 305 and 316).
Product FeaturesMaterials: Available in epoxy-coated carbon steel, Grades 305 and 316 Stainless Steel.
ACQ: Approved for use with ACQ-treated lumber
- Star Drive
Is favored by professionals; extra deep recess reduces cam-out.
- Undercut Head
Cleanly penetrates the hard outer layer of capstock decking.
- Reverse Thread
Prevents mushrooming and other surface defects
- Tri-lobe Shank and Acute Thread Angle
For increased driving power and cleaner penetration
through harder decking materials.
- Type 17 Auger Tip
For faster, easier entry; helps prevent splitting.
- Click on the images below to view a larger display.
- Color Matcher Tool »
Pro PlugThe Pro Plug® System for PVC and Composite is a superior and easy-to-install plug fastening system for PVC/Composite Decking and PVC Trim. Plugs are available for leading decking and trim products (see the Packaging section below for a complete list of available items):
- Azek Deck
- Envision (EverGrain)
- Inteplast® Deck (TUFboard)
- Azek Trim
- Boral TruExterior
- EX-Cel® Trim
- Kleer Trim
- Ply Gem
- Royal® (including Celect®)
- Restoration Millwork®
The System consists of the following components:
- Screws: Epoxy Coated Carbon Steel, Grades 305 or 316 Stainless Steel screws are available in various lengths (from 2" - 3"). All screws feature a star drive recess and are ACQ approved.
- PVC/Composite Tool: This unique patented tool drives screws to the correct depth below the surface. It features a No Cam-Out Auto-Stop™ mechanism that prevents the screw from stripping and a free spinning stop collar that protects the board.
- Plugs: Made from actual PVC/Composite deck or trim material, so they match perfectly.
New: The Pro Plug® System for PVC and Composite is now available for use with Trex Elevations® and other metal framing systems. PVC/Composite Plug Screws are sold with the Inventory Management Program. See complete packaging options below.
Pro Plug® System for PVC and Composite Decks and Trim
- Auto-Stop™ Mechanism
Once target depth is reached, the Auto-Stop™ mechanism inside the tool disengages the driver bit and stops the screw from driving further, preventing the screw recess from stripping.
- Free Spinning Stop Collar
The free spinning stop collar is fitted with a rubber O-ring to prevent damage to the work surface.
- Special bits for Deck and Trim Applications
Driver bits used with the PVC/Composite Tool are replaceable. There are two types of driver bits: DECK bits and TRIM bits, each optimized for their specific application. Both PVC Tool packages and PVC Deck/Trim Kits include spare bits.
- Stainless and Epoxy Coated Star Drive Fasteners:
Epoxy Coated Carbon Steel, Grades 305 or 316 Stainless Steel screws are available in various lengths (from 2" - 3"). All screws feature a star drive recess and are ACQ approved. When driven below the surface with the PVC Tool, both fasteners create a perfect hole for the plug, without pre-drilling.
- Plugs Plugs are made from actual deck and trim board material, so the color and grain match perfectly.
Areas We Service We Provide Services to the Following Cities, Towns and Surrounding Regions of VA, WV, and MD: