Captor XDCap-Tor® xd screws are specifically designed to provide a clean, smooth and uniform finish in composite and PVC decking. They also work equally well in traditional composites. Cap-Tor xd is approved for use with all major deck brands.
Cap-Tor xd screws feature extra deep star drive recesses, undercut heads, reverse threads, tri-lobular shanks, and Type 17 auger tips, and are available with either a color-matched, epoxy-based polymer resin coating or in epoxy-based polymer resin coating or in color-matched Headcote® stainless steel (both Grades 305 and 316).
Product FeaturesMaterials: Available in epoxy-coated carbon steel, Grades 305 and 316 Stainless Steel.
ACQ: Approved for use with ACQ-treated lumber
- Star Drive
Is favored by professionals; extra deep recess reduces cam-out.
- Undercut Head
Cleanly penetrates the hard outer layer of capstock decking.
- Reverse Thread
Prevents mushrooming and other surface defects
- Tri-lobe Shank and Acute Thread Angle
For increased driving power and cleaner penetration
through harder decking materials.
- Type 17 Auger Tip
For faster, easier entry; helps prevent splitting.
- Click on the images below to view a larger display.
- Color Matcher Tool »
Pro PlugThe Pro Plug® System for PVC and Composite is a superior and easy-to-install plug fastening system for PVC/Composite Decking and PVC Trim. Plugs are available for leading decking and trim products (see the Packaging section below for a complete list of available items):
- Azek Deck
- Envision (EverGrain)
- Inteplast® Deck (TUFboard)
- Azek Trim
- Boral TruExterior
- EX-Cel® Trim
- Kleer Trim
- Ply Gem
- Royal® (including Celect®)
- Restoration Millwork®
The System consists of the following components:
- Screws: Epoxy Coated Carbon Steel, Grades 305 or 316 Stainless Steel screws are available in various lengths (from 2" - 3"). All screws feature a star drive recess and are ACQ approved.
- PVC/Composite Tool: This unique patented tool drives screws to the correct depth below the surface. It features a No Cam-Out Auto-Stop™ mechanism that prevents the screw from stripping and a free spinning stop collar that protects the board.
- Plugs: Made from actual PVC/Composite deck or trim material, so they match perfectly.
New: The Pro Plug® System for PVC and Composite is now available for use with Trex Elevations® and other metal framing systems. PVC/Composite Plug Screws are sold with the Inventory Management Program. See complete packaging options below.
Pro Plug® System for PVC and Composite Decks and Trim
- Auto-Stop™ Mechanism
Once target depth is reached, the Auto-Stop™ mechanism inside the tool disengages the driver bit and stops the screw from driving further, preventing the screw recess from stripping.
- Free Spinning Stop Collar
The free spinning stop collar is fitted with a rubber O-ring to prevent damage to the work surface.
- Special bits for Deck and Trim Applications
Driver bits used with the PVC/Composite Tool are replaceable. There are two types of driver bits: DECK bits and TRIM bits, each optimized for their specific application. Both PVC Tool packages and PVC Deck/Trim Kits include spare bits.
- Stainless and Epoxy Coated Star Drive Fasteners:
Epoxy Coated Carbon Steel, Grades 305 or 316 Stainless Steel screws are available in various lengths (from 2" - 3"). All screws feature a star drive recess and are ACQ approved. When driven below the surface with the PVC Tool, both fasteners create a perfect hole for the plug, without pre-drilling.
- Plugs Plugs are made from actual deck and trim board material, so the color and grain match perfectly.